Peter Wyn Mosey nominated me for the second Sunshine Blogger Award, I am very grateful and honored, to say the least. Peter is a freelance copywriter and creative writer, he has also recently launched a magazine The Finest Example which is an amazing initiative for showcasing the finest works of Poetry, fiction, essays and art. If you don’t already follow Peter, go take a visit to his site and check out his awesome writing. He really is a talented man with loads of experience.
1.If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? An Elephant. I think elephants are very amazing creatures; despite of their grandeur they seem so humble, calm and peaceful.
2. What was the first ever creative effort that you remember really being proud of? I have been creative since I was little, I used to be very good with crafts and DIY projects. I remember decorating an earthen pot with color; glitter and the works, it looked very beautiful. My mother still has it in the house although now it’s charm has faded with time.
3. If you could choose between true happiness, or a greater creative skills, what would you pick? True happiness without a second thought.
4. Does politics have a place in the arts? Yes, I think all the art work especially the writings and performed arts are very much influenced by the political scenarios of that time and they are reflect what the society is going through. As art is an important medium through which people express their views and opinions therefore politics is bound to be a part of it.
5. What gets you out of bed in the morning? A cup of strong coffee ….or my dad’s voice over the phone. These two things do the trick.
6. Where and how do you do most of your writing/ art? I do most of my writing in my room on my laptop. Since my room is on the second floor of my house and I am the only occupant on that floor, it provides a distraction free environment.
7. What famous work do you wish you had created? Harry Potter. I wish that I was as creative as J K Rowling that when people look at a simple broom they see it as something else entirely and with conviction; when an entire generation sort of waits and dreams of getting their letter to Hogwarts even now; when there had been news that children have tried to flush them down the toilet convinced that it will teleport them somewhere else. To be able to have that kind of impact through your writing alone is something that I can only wish for.
8. Is there anyone in the world that you actually hate? I don’t think so. Hate, I think, is a very strong word and I don’t clearly understand what qualifies as hate. While there are people whom I dislike in various degrees but I don’t think I hate anyone.
9. Where is the furthest you have been from home? I haven’t had a chance to travel outside India, yet. I went to south-India once, it is the farthest that I have been from my home.
10. Would you prefer to wake up early, or stay up late? I am not a morning person, if given a choice I would rather stay up late. (That’s what I do usually!)
11. If you could give a new writer who was setting up a blog one piece of advice, what would it be? One blogging advice would be to not take the blog-stats very seriously and focus on the writing part instead.
- John from Jar of Poetry
- Pallavi from Curating thoughts
- Manoj from Believe Strong
- Joni from Rum and Robots
- Renard from Renard’s World
- Antony from Aurora Borealis
- Sadhak from Vj Sadhak
- Pene from Pene’ Pasta for the soul
- Lia from Lia the poet
- Syd from A small blue marble
- Peter form One round corner
All these people write amazing content and are wonderful people. I am sending some of the well deserved sunshine your way. Spread the love. There is no compulsion for the nominees to participate; you are free to drop out, if you want.
Questions for the nominees
I really liked Peter’s questions, so I would want the nominees to answer the same.
Hey folks, I have been travelling for the past few days therefore couldn’t post this weekend. I will resume my writing as soon as I can, hope you guys are doing well and enjoying blogging! Cheers 🙂